Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to Black Pop Culture Watch

I started this blog because I wanted to see a different type of Popular Culture Blog for African Americans. I am  growing tired of the unrelenting snark on the gossip blogs, but still did not see enough coverage of African Americans in mainstream popular culture websites. So, I am starting Black Popular Culture Watch. This site will cover a variety of topics from television shows, movies, youtube celebrities, fashion, mainstream and queer (LGBT) celebrity news (minus the snark), book reviews, film reviews, natural hair information, health news, and commentary on the news items that affect African Americans. And I'm going to do all of this with an intellectual flair and a feminist perspective (I hope). 

Like Margaret Cho said, "I'm the one that I want." 

No comments:

Post a Comment